Protein French Toast
Delicious, macro-friendly French toast the whole family will enjoy!
Servings 4 2-slice servings
- 200 grams Liquid Egg Whites from Carton (or the whites separated from 6-7 whole eggs)
- 1/2 cup Skim, Non-fat Milk (or milk of choice)
- 31 grams PEScience Protein Powder (31g = ~1 scoop. Gourmet Vanilla, Snickerdoodle, or Cake Pop flavors are all great for this recipe. Feel free to use the protein powder you have on hand, but PEScience is the best!)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon or Pumpkin Pie Spice (optional, but recommended. More or less to taste)
- 8 slices Nature's Own Brioche-Style Bread (or bread of choice)
Mix together egg whites, milk, protein powder, and spices until smooth, either by whisking by hand or using a handheld milk frother
Heat griddle to Medium heat (~350F) and spray with cooking spray
Soak each slice of bread in egg/milk mixture for 15-20 seconds per side
Cook each slice of soaked bread on the pre-heated griddle until golden, about 1 minute per side
Top with desired toppings
Nutrition info per 2-slice serving, prepared as listed, not including toppings: 285 cal, 43.8g carbohydrates, 3.4g fat, 20.4g protein
Nutrition info for the entire batter mixture, not including bread: 259 calories, 7g carbohydrates, 1.5g fat, 49.7g protein. I’ve provided this info so you can divide it out evenly between however many slices of French toast you wind up with, and log/use the macros specific to the bread you used. Depending on your choice of bread and how much you saturate each slice, you may wind up with more or less than 8 slices.